December 2018 I posted a ad wanting to hire myself out as temporary help with landscaping,auto detailing,house cleaning, anything detail service oriented to earn extra cash and help make customers happy with getting a job done. My Craigslist ad had my phone number listed.

Spammers and scammers from way outside my county and state started texting me with far away area codes with suspicious replys. "Hey We have a job for you. They made it sound like they wanted me to do a illegal drug deal. I quickly modified my CL ad also to say that I was seeking honest,local work only and that I did not want deceptive tactics or scammers replying to my ad.

My CL ad was instantly removed or flagged and weeks later my CL ad is still sitting in my CL account and they or AI will not release my ad for republication. I tried calling San Francisco based CL and nobody picks up the phone. I even emailed them and they never bothered to email me back. Two thumbs down for Craigslist.

Flush em down the toilet.

They are the equivalent to the local sewer system. It's all a waste.

Product or Service Mentioned: Craigslist Advertisement.

Comments

Your final pair of sentences summed it up nicely. I've never heard a single good thing about Craigslist ; but I have heard of people murdered responding to ads for hired help. Do yourself a (perhaps lifesaving !) favor and STAY OFF.

slvrtrz3000
to Anonymous #1628060

Thank you for replying to my posting. I agree.

Craigslist is full of trouble these days of various kinds.

I will listen to your advice. Thank you again.