228 views
2.0

I hired Handy Stanley (Ted) to install Christmas lights this year (2015) and he quoted me a flat price (not an insignificant price at that) which he stated included putting them up and taking them down after Christmas. I bought him lunch while he was at my home, helped him and gave him gas money.

I paid him in full when he left as he seemed honorable and he really needed the money (it was Christmas and seemed the right thing to do). When I called him to take them down in January, he didn't remember who I was and after giving him many reminders of the job, our conversations, my house and finally the other work he wanted to do for me (we have a pool and he wanted to become my pool guy), he suddenly remembered. He then told me it would be half of what I had paid him already to take them down. He is a crook and a dishonorable man.

Do not let him in your homes. I trusted him, my wife did not. I should have trusted her female instincts.

They are always right. Be warned.

Craigslist Cons: His integrity or manner of service or follow thru.

Location: Nashville, Tennessee

Comments

I have no idea who this guy is. I have never installed Christmas lights or any lights for that matter.

He must be someone that doesn't like me or know me and has no life but to try to bring me down somehow.

I always have plenty of work and have many references. Best Reguards, Ted aka Handy Stanley

Craigslist Reviews