I put a add on craigslist to sell some of my tools. I was quickly contacted by a man claiming to be a potential buyer.

He explained that there are a lot of scams on craigslist and he wanted to verify the add by sending me a 6 digit code from Google which he asked me to repeat to him. I'm an idiot and did it. Turns out after a Google search explaining what happened,I realized that I had been scammed and that this is a well known scam on craigslist. I have no idea what the scammer is going to do with the information he gained.

I've tried contacting craigslist and they've done absolutely nothing,they have terrible customer service and I was never actually able to reach anyone from customer service.

I've just been left in the dust to fend for myself. I'll never use craigslist again!!

User's recommendation: If anyone calls you saying their a potential buyer on craigslist and sends you a six digit code which they will ask for you to confirm. Absolutely under no circumstances should you give them the number it's 100,% a scam.

Location: Northampton, Massachusetts