5.3K views

I found a lady on craigslist with husky pups -free, we texted and emailed. After she found out where I lived (nj) she said she lived in Seatle Washington, she could have the puppy shipped to me.

So the shipping company uship pro delivery needed a payment of $250.00 only by western union ( which should have sent a red flag up but I really wanted this pup),so I did as asked, they sent me the flight schedule. The next morning they email me to say they need another $770.00 for pet insurance where the supposed overlay was in Chicago I don't have the money -they said I could be brought up on animal abuse and negliigant charges.

Scam yes as soon as I emailed them that I was taking the emails and phone #s to the Redlion State police - which I just did- all contact stopped. her name was Jessica vincente his azia Wallace more then likely not their real names

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

CourageousBeardedCollie909

The exact same Thing happen to me Today I was on Craigslist came across there ad I reply to them he email me back and he told me he was a Detective Sergeant named David Landers who brother died and left him with the puppies he gave me descriptions of the puppies he had and when I question him even more he said this ———- OMG!! listen my dear my Wife and I understand there's a lot going online these days as some wicket people try to take advantage of pet lovers.

I know how people work very hard to make ends meet just like myself and we will NEVER think about taking anyone's hard earned money for what is not real. It's but normal to be skeptic because a lot is going online these days but I'm a honest person and I truly know how hurting it will be for some body to take away my money like that. We can never put all of these together just to rip you off $600 if we really needed money We would have sold the puppy instead of re-homing the puppy, Even if we had to lie to you I'm not sure someone can lie about a brother being sick up to the extend of death and that we can't give attention to a little puppies.For the book of James.2:26….Faith without works is dead, Proverbs 21:2King James Version (KJV) THE LOARD ALSO SAID "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts”You will be receiving your puppy.Have no worries and I can assure you that all will go well. My word is my bond.Scam is against my profession and faith.Find attached to this message my pictures, pictures of me and my family and my information in case anything goes wrong hold me responsible Praying to hear from you soon David and family Like I knew it was a scam I wouldn’t ever send money over To someone Online that lives sooo far from me it’s crazy And he send me some random house address saying come and pick the dog up if you can or better yet let me ship it to You .

I legit had two people try to scam me on Craigslist in one day like don’t ever send money to anyone online ever and if you do use the PayPal credit card if you have that . That way your guaranteed your money back I mean call and find out I did and I was covered.

@CourageousBeardedCollie909

I WAS GOING TO DRIVE 800 MILES TO MEET THESE PEOPLE. HE SENT ME THAT SAME RESPONSE TOO

CourageousBeardedCollie909
@Anonymous

This guy is way to committed to this scam I just hope anyone who does come in contacted with this scammer google his name and see this thread going on . And it’s sad because he was sending me picture of the real Detective Sergeant David And a picture of the house and he even has videos of the puppy’s and I see that one of the pictures says Texas on it and when I asked I thought you lived in Maryland because that’s what he told me he said oh yes I’m in Maryland because of my brother funeral . But he told me he lives there and send me “his house address” I’m like wow amazing how far this person would Go just be aware and look for the red flags don’t ever send money online to ship or fly a animal over Because hands down it’s a scam

@CourageousBeardedCollie909

Thank you bc I just seen the ad emailed him and got the detective David landers and I had a gut feeling it was a scam so I googled his name and found this.

I fell for it too! Well..

almost.

I received the same email for 2 beagle puppies this morning after I inquired last night. Guess I won’t be getting new puppies from Police Sergeant David Landers.

10/29/2019 Scammer sent: Hello Sir/Madam, Sorry for the late response and thanks for the interest in regards to the Pomeranian puppies I have for adoption. There are two of them 1 male (Perez) and 1 female (Betty), pure breed Pomeranian puppies, very playful and are all of absolute temperament as they also love playing with kids and other household animals .

*I AM GIVING ONE OUT FOR AN ADOPTION FEE OF $285 AND $385 FOR BOTH OF THEM*. They are vet checked and will come with all papers needed. They are 10 weeks old and are brother and sister. To make you know a little about myself, I am called David Landers, married to a very loving woman and we have 3 children.

I am a Police Detective by profession(Detective Sergeant David Landers). We got the puppies from my brother who passed away leaving no kids but kept the puppies as they where his own children and that is the reason why we are giving these puppies with adoption fee. I will be very willing to give you these pups if you can promise me never to sell them. Also do get back to me with answers to our questions below so I can have an idea of where our puppies will be going to.

-Will you take all the puppies or just one? if one what sex? -Have you owned a pet before? -Do you have a vet doctor?

-Where precisely are you located -Do you have pets loving children at home? -Give me a Brief Description about your Environment?

All I need is just a very caring and loving home for our babies where they will be well loved and spoiled to rotten. Attached to this mail are videos of the puppies .Thanks and will be waiting to read from you again David and family Number used: 240 671 0464 Paypal email: grayscamela@gmail.com

SteadyRagdoll985

This is still going as of oct 14, 2019. Still using alias of Detective Sergeant David Landers.

Luckily I didnt send any finances or financial info, considering I baited them with questions and concerns that seemed to cause them to get confused between email and txt. Literally telling me 2 different current addresses within like 10 mins of each other. Maryland and Texas.

They use a multitude of emails but seems to be using the txt number of (224) 427-2493 as of me posting this. I am in process of getting in contact with the actual Detective in texas by that name to let him have a field day looking into the matter.

@SteadyRagdoll985

I just had this EXACT email sent to me...I noticed it sounded awkward so I didnt reply...simply googled and found this!

This is still going. 9/19/19.

They took $200 from me in the form of a walmart gift card and had me send them pictures of it. Went under the alias of blue eyes husky. Same story of a dead brother and the man being Detective Sergeant David Landers. Taking this to the police.

Do NOT trust them with the “free shipping” from a different state. There’s $200 I don’t have anymore.

@Anonymous

I just emailed via the Craigslist email address and they told me to text for better communication. When I did they texted back with "Hello, Am sorry phone is unable to upload pictures and videos of the puppies.

Please for your email address for us to foward recent pictures of the puppies and more information about the dogs. Thanks, Detective Sergeant David Landers". So I said "I did email and was told to text". And almost immediately the response was "Am sorry phone is unable to upload pictures and videos of the puppies.

Please for your email address. Detective Sergeant David Landers".

I did not respond further. I actually typed the name in on Google because it's just weird.

@Anonymous

I just got the same thing from a detective Landers... So it's a scam

Be aware people she’s still active on scamming people. She told me a BS story that her ten year old daughter died of some complicated surgery and she’s willing to her husky puppies to a good home....

she’s even posted their pictures on creglist... anyway it was away too good to be true !!

That why I quit responding to her emails.. by the way her name is Barbara George and claiming that she’s from Texas as soon as I told her I’m from Alabama..

DId some simple research and this is very much so a scam. They have another site up called Lovedachshundhome.com Found some info on them and they are scammers based in Cameroon.

Beware not to trust them and always make sure to look into sites before you send money i.e.: lookup site address on WhoIs and also take notice to the sender email address. They usually have their sender name listed as a foreign name, in this case particularly was French which is the native language of Cameroon

Same thing from Marina Christela regarding dachshund puppies. I didn’t give any personal identifying info aside from my email but it still sucks. Emailed craigslist indicating it is a scam.

#1719894

Same *** just happened to me from Maria@karenwood20. I sent a reply email to a craigslist ad. I had a feeling something was up when the reply was from a different email and went to my spam.

#1719814

Happened to me just now. I looked her email up and this came up. Thanks for sharing ur story.

#1719687

Wow, how is this still going on?! I almost fell for it.

I've been messaging with Jessica Vicente about dachshund puppies (Rex and Molly) and realized this was too good to be true and googled this ladies name. This was the first link that popped up.

So disgusting that people feel the need to do this to hardworking families. I sent her a link to this forum with a piece of my mind.

@Anonymous

Same here, I just told her I would pick up from her location. I am located in commerce Ca but I told her I had a family member staying near the locations she said she moved to which is Texas.

I asked if he couple pick them up for me.

Still waiting on her reply. After I got her email about moving to Texas and she asked me to pay for shipping I knew right away this was a scam and no surprise here we are.

I received a very similar email after replying to a CraigsList posting regarding someone that needed to rehome their older Siberian Husky puppy (no picture provided). The email was from a Maria Kens (maria2@karenwoods20.com).

Here's what the first email stated: " Thanks for the interest in regards to our Siberian husky Pups I have for adoption. We have one Male (Rain) and one Female (Sun) they are pure breed Siberian Husky puppies, they are vet checked and will come with all necessary papers. The puppies are very playful and are all of absolute temperament as they also love playing with kids and other household animals. They are 11 weeks old and are brother and sister.

I am giving these pups out for an adoption with no adoption fee, this is because we just relocated to a non pets apartment and we can't keep them any longer. I will be very willing to give you these pups if you can promise me of never to sell them, also do get back to me with answers of the few questions below so i can have an idea of where our puppies will be going to.... -Have you owned a pet before? -Do you have a vet doctor?

-where precisely are you located? - Are you a breeder?- -will you take all or just one? if one what sex? -Do you have pets loving children at home?- Give me a Brief Description about your Environment?

-Will you take good care for the babies like your own children? All i need is just a caring and loving home for our babies where they will be well loved and spoiled to rotten. we equally have video of each puppy just in case you need one." I replied with some basic info, and "Maria" replied with this email: "Hi, am so happy after reading from you. More details on his personality.

***** My Lil Boy Rain ***** -He is house and potty trained. -He has blue charming eyes. -He barks more than the sister but not too much. -He eats 2 times a day -He likes to keep him self away from the crowd but is also socialized.

-He feels shy when carried. -He also likes to be kissed. -He barks when he sees strangers. My husband and I have decided to give out this puppy to any one who is ready to take good care of him and we are happy you are willing to do so.

All we need from you is your love for the baby. I really wanted to meet with you so you can pick up the baby yourself but since you are not in our area and it's a distance of long hours drive on car, I don't know if you will make up the drive to come pick up today or tomorrow. We just relocated some few days ago to TX here is our address: 7114 Lost Canyon Dr Dallas,TX 75249. Better still if you cant make it up here, then a pets transportation company with a great team is located close to us here and he can be registered and will be home delivered to you in less than 24 hours ok.

All you will have to do is pay the transportation fee so he will be home delivered to you right at your doorsteps. We are giving the pupy for free since it was given to us as a birthday gift ( at just 6 weeks old) and all I want in return is just you to take care of him and send me monthly pictures so I can see his progress." Note the comment regarding moving to Texas, and willing to deliver the puppy.

I Googled the address provided and it's a lovely old style ranch house in Dallas Texas; not an apartment as stated for one of the reasons why she can't keep the puppies. I decided to post a warning about this scam on my local CraigsList.

SCAM IS STILL GOING ON This is the email I received Hello sir/Madam, Thanks for the interest in regards to the Siberian husky puppies i have for adoption. There are four of them 2 males and 2 females and are pure breed Husky puppies.

They are vet checked and will come with all papers needed. The puppies are very playful and are all of absolute temperament as they also love playing with kids and other household animals They are 10 weeks old and are brother and sister. To make you know a little about myself, I am called David landers , married to a very loving woman and we have 3 children. I am a Police Detective by profession(Detective Sergeant David Landers ) .

We got the puppies from my brother who passed away leaving no kids but kept the puppies as they where his own children and that is the reason why we are giving these puppies with adoption fee. I will be very willing to give you these pups if you can promise me of never to sell them, also do get back to me with answer of our question below so i can have an idea of where our puppies will be going to -Have you own a pet before? - Do you have a vet doctor? -where precisely are you locate - Are you a breeder?

- will you take all the puppies or just one? if one what sex? -Do you have pets loving children at home? - Give me a Brief Description about your Environment?

-Will you take good care for the babies like your own child? -Have you inform your family/lanlord that you wanna adopt our puppies??

All i need is just a very caring and loving home for our babies where they will be well loved and spoiled to rotten. Find attached to this email pictures of my puppies .Thanks and will be waiting to read from you again David and family