95 views

I rent a flat in New York using craigs list, and it was false. I paid USD 500 and lost all the money. I used bank transfer to wire the money. Could you help me? The email below was the first one I exchanged wiith the person that decieved me:

From: Steven Math [mailto:luxuryvacationhome1@***.com]

Sent: segunda-feira, 26 de setembro de 2011 01:41

To: Viviane Zunckeller

Cc: hous-hewsz-257003****@***.org

Subject: Re: $120 / 1br - Best Reviewed Apartment! 1 Bedroom Apartment with Large Balcony in BES (Greenwich Village)

Hello ,

Thanks for contacting Steven Vacation Rentals. The vacation apartment/unit will be available from Oct 31st- Nov 4th

The apartment will accommodate 1-4 people. Towels and linen are included with all other amenities.

There is 24/7 internet Wifi in the apartment. There is washer and dryer in the unit. There are subways and cheap transportation system in the neighborhood. there is airport pick-up.

Best rate Per night = $120

Price for length of stay = $480 (4 Nights )

Security deposit = $200

Deposit :60% of rent fees($288) + Security deposit (200) = $488

Cleaning Fee: $40 (inclusive)

Taxes added.

Reservation payment will be received through Bank Transfer.

Note: Security deposit will be refunded back to you when checking out.

You are to pay $528 hold your dates (0ct 31st and leave Nov 4th)

Total balance on rent is $192 and will be paid on arrival

I hope to hear from you soon so that your dates can be booked.

Best Regards

Product or Service Mentioned: Craigslist Advertisement.

Location: Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo

Comments

Sorry but your money is gone, never wire anything, use pay-pal or credit card and you can dispute the charges. Next time your looking to rent for vacation use VRBO.com I use it when we go on vacation in Florida, they always are spot on and they have reviews on property's and the owners and they have locations all over the us and world.

No, sorry, your money is gone forever. Please heed the warnings on Craigslist about wiring money.

Craigslist Reviews